E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



For the past few years I have been obsessed with a band called Guster. It all started my freshman year of college when my roommate told me how great they are. I downloaded (sorry Guster) a copy of Lost and Gone Forever and was immediately hooked. I have always had this love for a band that would use bongos and other hand drums as their percussion, and no band has ever come close to using them as well as Guster. Within the next year I bought their two previous albums to LaGF, Parachute and Goldfly. Each album was different from the others, but each of them won me over and didn't leave my CD player for months. A few months after my purchase they released a new album, Keep It Together., which I didn't like at all. They had left behind the hand drums on a few of the songs and added a drum kit instead, how could they do that to me? I put the CD in my case and forgot about it for a month or so and then gave it another try. I don't know what happened, but I feel in love with the CD. It may be my favorite Guster album to date. On my first few listens I missed the complexity of the new Guster. The songs were more mature than the Guster I had fallen in love with, both musically and lyrically. Fast forward to this month and Guster has released their fifth studio album, Ganging Up on the Sun. I loved this album right away. Since they recorded KIT they added a new member to the band (He is the one wearing the silly hat. No, not that tall silly hat, the short silly hat.) He has obviously helped Guster become more mature in more ways than one on their new album.

I highly, highly, highly recommend Guster to everyone, they have become my favorite band. I would recommend that you start with Lost and Gone Forever and work your way both backwards and forwards in their discography, but maybe I only think that because it is how I got started. They are a band that loves their fans which is obvious by the different journals that they update regularly on their website, and now they have five episodes of a documentary of the making of their newest album called Joe's Place up on the site. Do yourself a favor and pick up some Guster.


3 Responses to “

  1. Blogger Nate Myers 

    word. They were the entirety of my study music...and melancholy mood music...and excited mood music...you get the picture. A good, solid, talented band. I saw them open for Barenaked Ladies, and they could only play three songs because their drummer's hand was bleeding from the drums the last concert.

  2. Blogger Zac 

    Thanks for the tip...I started listening to them and I just can't get enough. The have a sound all their own. It is refreshing.

    Namaste

  3. Blogger Corey 

    i liked "keep it together". i'll have to check out their new album.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Locations of visitors to this page

Search