Reflections on Training at QuikTrip


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have now completed two days of my two weeks of training at QuikTrip. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, it is the best Gas Station/Convienience Store in the United States and I've been to alot of convienience stores. The website is here.

My first day was crazy. They expect us to do a certain amount of work in a certain amount of time all the while waiting on every customer which is on the brink of impossible, at least it seemed like it my first day. I had to sweep the entire parking lot and then powerwash most of it, I had to do a rediculous amount of reading, learn the complex cash register, begin to memorize some of the priced items in the store, wait on customers (of which I made a few mad), etc. etc. etc. After my first day I thought I wasn't cut out for this job. I came home and fell asleep immediately.

My second day was easier for me than the first. I again powerwashed the parking lot, waited on customers, memorized more prices, learned more of the cash register, and then I cleaned the hot dog rollers, did a shift walk (which means I made sure the store was stocked and clean for my upcoming shift, did a cash audit (which means I counted money, lottery tickets, etc.), did store upkeeps (dusting, facing the merch, sweeping, mopping) every 30 minutes, did another shift walk and cash audit for more practice or 'reps' as my trainer calls them, and of course did some more reading. After today I feel better about my job, but my feet hurt like crazy after today. I have to stand up for nine hours straight without sitting down one time and it hurts like no ones business because I am not used to it yet.

Besides my training, I got to see a couple verbally fighting in the parking lot and a couple trying to steal some smokes. Then on my second day I got to see some guys from Pepsi get into a big verbal fight and had a woman come in at 2:01 A.M. (which 2 am is the cut off time in Oklahoma to sell alcohol) and beg and bribe the other guy getting trained very loudly in the store for about 10 minutes. Those were the awesome experiences that keep you going.

I am now going to sleep to get a nap in before I have to be back at work tonight at 11. The good thing about it is that today is my Friday because I get the next two days off.

Tank


2 Responses to “Reflections on Training at QuikTrip”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    you spelled "rediculous" wrong - i love you and am so proud of you ... can i quit my job yet?

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    sorry, my friend eric seems to be blog stalking. he's with me though.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Locations of visitors to this page

Search