New Life


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Changing from a church job where I was not required to be at a certain place at a certain time (except for Sundays, Retreats, Camps, Mission Trips, and Staff Meetings) to a job where I have 46 hours of my week where I must be at a certain place at a certain time has been and still is a rough transition. It is Friday morning, but for my schedule this is my Sunday night. I am going to go to sleep in a couple of hours and when I wake up I will eat and then be off to work for the next five nights straight. I guess I traded the emotional and mental stress for physical stress (and don't forget a much larger paycheck which creates much less mental and emotional stress). I wonder if I will ever have a job that I can truly love...maybe I can work for Quiktrip long enough to move up to a mystery shopper, I think I would really like that job.


2 Responses to “New Life”

  1. Blogger Unknown 

    I've often wondered if I leave and do something different if I would experience much of the same things. But hey, $35,000 to $40,000 helps you sleep better at night (or day?).

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hi, Tank. I'm Josh's wife Anna, and I just wanted to encourage you to push through this tough/weird/different time. Granted Josh didn't go work at QuikTrip, but stepping back from career ministry for a while has been a rollercoaster for us. It's hard, and there are times when we wonder if we made the right decision financially, but let me tell you it's enriched or lives. I think I'd be willing to make $6 an hour if it meant our life could be as full and rich as it is now. Take a huge step of faith. I promise it'll pay off. Our whole lives are better now. And you deserve to live this life. You really do. Perservere. Brighter days are ahead. Don't let anything (even a paycheck) get in the way of your passion.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Locations of visitors to this page

Search